Top 5 Ways Your Chiropractor Can Help Relieve Shoulder Pain
You don’t realize how much you rely on your shoulders for everyday activities until one or both have been injured or are out of alignment. Anyone who has reached for something on the top shelf in the kitchen and winced in pain knows what we’re talking about. The good news is that a few trips to South Main Chiropractic in Alpharetta can help relieve shoulder pain.
If you have lost range of motion to the point where you can’t reach up above your head, behind your back, or you avoid using your shoulder due to a lingering sprain, strain, or muscle tear, below are five ways we can get you back to feeling better:
- Alignment — We do so much more than adjust and align spines. We do extremities, too. To decrease pain and improve range of motion in your shoulders, we focus on proper alignment of your clavicle, shoulder, and your scapula.
- Myofascial Release — Myofascial therapy relaxes contracted muscles and releases the fascia that covers the muscle.
- Graston Technique — This is an instrument we use to break up scar tissue and adhesions to promote range of motion.
- Ultrasound — This treatment increases blood flow and reduces inflammation while promoting healing in tears, sprains, and strains.
- Electronic Stimulation (E-Stim) — The primary uses for this are pain relief and muscle therapy.
- Depending on the severity of your shoulder pain, we may use all of these forms of therapy, or we may use one or two. But every time you come for treatment; it will get better. Many patients experience substantial relief within one to eight sessions.
Call South Main Chiropractic today!
Whether you’ve been to a chiropractor a handful of times or you’re a first-timer, the first thing to realize is everyone can benefit from chiropractic care — especially if you have shoulder pain. Sometimes all you need is a quick adjustment, but there are other techniques that, when performed consistently, help your entire body and brain function properly.
South Main Chiropractic in downtown Alpharetta, Georgia blends balanced chiropractic techniques used to correct skeletal imbalances with a holistic approach to wellness that uncovers the real reason you are in pain. We are the go-to family chiropractor in Alpharetta for patients of all ages because we offer services not found in many chiropractor offices. This allows us to treat everything from a backache to poor posture, range of motion issues, post-injury management, a herniated disc, scoliosis, and more.
Call us today for your next appointment 678-404-8944!